Friday, October 7, 2011

Gretchen Gould

(Presbytery 9-14-1998) Pastor Tony Alward:

Hands of service. Servicing hands. Hands of help about the house of the Lord. A heart given to the people of God. A soul that is unselfishly poured out for other people. The Spirit of the Lord shows me the greatest delight you have is helping people. You just enjoy causing their lives to be made easier. I see the Spirit of the Lord gifting you. You will have a great gifting of the showing of hospitality. She has a wonderful ability to make you feel comfortable. She can talk to you and just calm you down. She will say to your kids, “I want you to go over here, that’s where they’re training you, kind of go over there.” I’m seeing cooking stuff. I’m seeing cookies and cakes and I’m seeing these streamers and party stuff. Table decorated. Punch bowl full of punch with a big hunk of ice and a neat little thing in it. You will be involved in parties. You really enjoy picnics and potlucks and parties and you like fellowship. You like to be around the people of God. And you say, “let’s just tip the tables here, put the chairs over here and I just want to be involved in this and you bring things and you get people to bring stuff. And you are working along with a team that is just making this a delight in the house of God. You know God’s people like to eat and they like fellowship. Now that sounds really natural and it doesn’t sound very spiritual but this is a great ministry of hers and she delights in it. The Lord is going to bless this in your life and ministry here in the church. And you will join with other ladies that do this and you will be found with great joy. I also see that you like babies and I see you working in almost a nursery type area. And delightful – these little babies love you. You pick this little tyke up and it just stops crying. The mother can go on to the service and not have any problem because you are there. And there is a peace. You have a little happy tune in your heart. You just sing this little tune and I see you singing. You even whistle, don’t you? You have this little whistle about you and you are a happy person. And I see this joy and this happiness just exudes. I see you with this little infant. It is a couple of months old and you are holding it just like this. (he demonstrates how you hold it) I am seeing this picture in this nursery and it can be judged however, but they are coming and they are enjoying it. Then I see this other picture of hospitality and this area of the church’s party times and the delight of that. You are a fun person. I mean you are just a joyous person. You are lifting and you are light and excited and you are fun to be around. It is a delight in the house of the Lord. And I see the great ability to just serve and help and strengthen and bless the house of God. You know that is as needed in the house of God as an intercessor.

(Presbytery 9-14-1998) Pastor David Kopp:

You love much because you have been forgiven much. The reality of how the forgiving, loving, tender mercies of the Lord have been extended to you, in turn, you love much. You love God much. You love his house much. You love his people much. And that “muchness” the Lord has seen. And in turn, will dump Heaven upon you in Love and Care and Protection and Fullness and Fulfillment. You will not go through life being unfulfilled, says the Lord, for I am a God who fulfills my purposes in the lives of my people. And as you have been forgiven, all of your sins and trespasses, that have gripped your heart, in turn and you have determined to be a lover of God, a lover of people, a lover of my house, and I know that, says the Lord, and I have received your love and I will in turn love you. For over you is a banner and it says “Love.” Therefore, my love shall be upon you and it shall be a trademark. You shall love the unlovely. You shall love those whom no one else loves. For there is spirit of gentleness upon you that the Lord is pleased with, even as the instrument that you play has a gentle tone and a flowing form like the breeze of the Spirit of God. Your instrument cannot blast like the trumpet does because it is a tender sound and from within you shall flow out the tenderness of the Lord your God. The world needs tender loving kindness. The world does not know tenderness. The world does not know gentleness. So I have created you, even while you were in your mother’s womb, to be a gentle person: A gentle breeze, a gentle, caring, loving mother type in the house of the Lord. I think that is where Pastor Tony was going with the babies. There is a loving kindness, a motherly type within you, to love those that are in the house of the Lord and hold them like you are holding a baby. Hold them and nourish them and from within shall flow out nourishment and strength to those who need the gentleness of the Lord. And concerning this party thing, there were two in the house of Bethany. One worshipped. The other was busy in activities and I shall blend those two qualities, the love and worship from Mary and the activity and the preparing and the hospitality of the other shall be upon you in this house. For I have need of you. I have need of hospitality. I have need of fellowship. I also have need of gentle worship that will defeat the forces of the enemy. Therefore, mark it well, my handmaiden, my eye is upon you. My ear has heard your cry. This is a good day for you. Get excited in the house of the Lord. For I am for you and I will perform my word and you shall walk in fulfillment of that, says the Lord.

(Presbytery 9-14-1998) Pastor George Rohrig:

Gretchen has a lot to give. There is a lot of love inside of her. She is a giving person and she wants to pour it out. I just sense though, that there is something in her that needs to draw from the body of Christ. And I strongly feel that everyone in this house needs to take Gretchen into your heart and pour into her your love and support her and encourage her.

(Presbytery 9-14-1998) Janet Alward:

The Lord is going to fulfill you and take this loneliness from you today. The people of the Lord fill the loneliness in your spirit. When you came up here and knelt down my heart broke. I felt your heart. It hurt. It hurts real bad. It does. But Jesus is here today. He’s healing your heart. And this people are your people. This God is your God. And that’s what’s going to heal and take away all of this loneliness.


No comments:

Post a Comment